This article will show you how to request access to manage your domain name if it's registered through a domain service provider with Enom who has become unresponsive.
To gain access your domain registered through a reseller, please follow the steps below:
- Verify that the domain is registered through a particular Reseller: Lookup Your Provider here.
- Attempt to contact the Reseller through the contact information listed. Even if a Reseller is out of business, they may still respond to your request and be able to assist you.
- Are you listed as the Registrant? Use the WHOIS Lookup to find out.
If your domain provider doesn't respond to your request within 2 business days, and you are the listed Registrant, we may be able to assist you. First, you'll need to create your own account at EnomCentral. Then Submit a Support Request or email CustomerCare@enom.com with the following attributes:
- Subject: "Unresponsive Reseller"
- Category: Support Request
- Comment: [Include the domain name, the dates you contacted the Reseller, and how we can help you].
During the verification process we may reach out to you at the Phone Number or Email Address listed on your Registrant and Administrative contact information.
We may ask for additional documents if we're unable to verify you using the available Registrant contact details.
Once we confirm that your domain provider is unresponsive, and that you are the listed Registrant on the domain, we will be happy to work with you to transfer the domain into your own EnomCentral account so that you have full access to manage your domain at any time.
This includes renewals, updates to your registrant information, or changes to your hosting records for example. Our Technical Support team are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.