1. Where do I go?
When requesting a reissue, the same contacts and domain name associated with the original SSL Certificate must be used for the new SSL Certificate. To get a reissue on an SSL Certificate, go to the SSL certificate provider's site:
- GeoTrust: https://products.geotrust.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
- Symantec: https://products.websecurity.symantec.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
Sectigo certificates are reissued through Enom Support. To start that process just submit a verified support request from within your account: http://enom.help/verified-request
You will need to provide us with the following information:
- Domain name on the certificate
- Supplier order ID
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- NOTE: The CSR does not have to be generated using the SHA2 hash; you can use the same CSR that was used to last issue/reissue the certificate.
- Message stating you wish to reissue the certificate
We will then reissue the certificates with Sectigo on your behalf.
2. What information do I need?
In order to get your SSL certificate reissued for all suppliers besides Sectigo, make sure you have the following information ready:
For GeoTrust and Symantec:
- Fully qualified domain name or common name - The domain for which the original SSL certificate was issued
- Email address - The Admin or Tech email address
- To find the Admin or Tech Email go to Security > SSL Certificates > Manage
- "Click to View" link under "Contact Information"
- Order ID - this corresponds to the Reference ID in your Reseller Control Panel
- To find the Reference ID, go to Security > SSL Certificates > Manage
- Locate and click on the specific SSL Order
- Find the Reference ID number on the SSL information.
3. How do I get my SSL certificate reissued?
1. To log in:
- Enter the domain name OR order ID
- NOTE: The order ID corresponds to the Reference ID listed in your Reseller Control Panel
- Enter one of the email addresses you used on your order
- In the Image number field, enter the number in the box below
2. Click Request Access; this will prompt the system to send you an email with the vendor login url.
3. Check your email and click on the vendor login url. You will see the following control panel.
Click the Reissue Certificate link in the top left menu. Make a note of the Domain Approver email in the screenshot below as the domain approver has to approve the email before the cert can be sent to the Technical contact.
4. In the Hashing Algorithm drop-down menu, select SHA2 with a 256-bit Digest (or reissue it with SHA1, if required).
Then enter your CSR in the provided field. This can be the existing CSR (SHA1 or 2) or a new CSR.
Lastly, review and agree to the Subscriber Agreement and then click Submit.
5. When the information is submitted, an approval email will be sent to the Approval Email address. Once approval is completed the certificate will be sent to the Tech Contact email address.
4. How long does it take for my SSL Certificate to be issued?
The time it takes for an SSL Certificate to be issued will vary depending on the type of SSL Certificate. Note: some processing may take longer if additional information is required for the following:
Domain Validation certificates generally take up to 2 days, after owner approval, to be issued.
Organization Validation certificates usually take up to three days, after owner approval, to be issued
Extended Validation certificates often take up to 10 days, after owner approval, to be issued. It can take a longer if additional documents are required.
5. Can an SSL be reissued to another domain?
Once issued an SSL Certificate cannot be reissued to a different domain name.
If you wish to use an SSL Certificate for a different Common Name, you will need to purchase a new SSL Certificate.