Preparing for the reissue
To get your SSL certificate reissued, you will need the obtain the following information from your account:
- the domain name the certificate was purchased for
- the reference ID of the certificate
- Select Security in the top menu, followed by SSL Certificates and Manage.
- Click the domain name of the certificate you wish to reissue.
- Make a note of the Domain and Reference ID fields.
Requesting the reissue
Important: The CSR has to be generated on the web hosting server and is not something we can provide.
Once the request is processed, you will have to approve the certificate using the approval email that was originally submitted. After approval, the final certificate will be sent to the administrative email.
The time it takes for an SSL certificate to be issued will vary depending on the type of certificate purchased.
|Certificate Type||Reissue Timeframe|
|Domain Validation (DV)||Up to two days after owner approval.|
|Organization Validation (OV)||Up to three days after owner approval.|
|Extended Validation (EV)||Up to ten days after owner approval. It can also take more time if additional documents are required for verification by the certificate authority.|