This article provides guidance on changing an email password for a mailbox with our Basic Email service. When following this process, you do not need to know the existing email password.
Note if you do not have access to the Enom / EnomCentral / BulkRegister account to change the email password, you can also change the password via Webmail.
To reset passwords for email addresses managed by your account:
- Sign into your account.
- At the top of the site, on the Email & Apps menu, click Basic Email. Then, click Manage.
- On the Email Manager, click the “Inbox View” tab, above the list of domains.
- Enter the email address you want to reset the password for in the Inbox field, and click the Filter button at right.
- Locate the email address in the results, and click on it.
- For Email Paks only: On the next page, click the Update link in row for the email address you want to manage. For web hosting email only, skip to step 7.
- In the password field, enter a new password meeting all the following requirements:
- 6-30 alphanumeric characters
- No spaces and special characters
- Must contain at least one lower case letter, one upper case letter, and one number
- Cannot be the same as, or contain the mailbox name.
- Click the Save All or Save Settings button, at bottom.
This is the Email Manager page for an Email Pak:
This is the Web Hosting Manager page for email from our web hosting packages: