The .IO registry's back-end provider is Donuts.
Anyone can register a .IO domain name. Registrations are processed as any gTLD.
- Sign in to your Enom account.
- Select Domains followed by Register a domain.
- Enter the domain name and Search.
- Select Checkout now.
- Review your order followed by Submit order.
Unlike some ccTLDs, registrants are not required to reside in the British Indian ocean to register a .IO domain name and there is no pre-configuration required.
.IO domains are auto-renew only, domains not set to auto-renew may continue to resolve and stay in the zone until deleted by the registry. No changes will be allowed for this domain once a delete command has been issued.
Our registry partner waits and will put through the renewals 1-2 days before the expiration date, regardless of when the renewal orders are put through our system. This can mean it will take a month or more for the actual renewal to take place at the registry.
.IO domains will go into RGP on day 32.
.IO transfers add a year of registration, the charge is equal to the registration/renewal amount.
- Sign in to the account
- Select Domains, Transfer domains, then Transfer a domain.
- Enter the domain name and EPP/auth code followed by Continue.
- Double-check the EPP/auth code and select Continue.
- Choose Submit order.
The administrative contact must be the registrant. All contact changes will need a verified support request submitted so that our support team can update the contact details on your behalf.
We do not offer refunds for .IO domain registrations.