- What's the difference between a regular domain transfer and a domain push?
- How do I Move or Push Domains to other Enom Accounts?
- What's the cost for pushing domains?
- My domain is under a 60 day transfer hold, can I still push it?
- Who gets notified when a domain is pushed?
- I got an error saying my push was not successful, why?
For other questions regarding transfers, please see our FAQ for transfers in and also transfers out.
1. What's the difference between a regular domain transfer and a domain push?
Domains can be pushed from one Enom account to another. The push is instant. You do not have to wait the standard 5 days for the transfer to complete. Warning: Once the push is successful, only the new account holder can push back. If you push the domain to the wrong account, you would need the new account holder's agreement to have the domain pushed back.
If you don't want to push from one reseller account to another, you can initiate a regular transfer. If you choose the regular transfer method, the same cost and rules apply as other regular transfers.
2. How do I push domains to other Enom accounts?
Domains can only be pushed by the losing account holder. To push a currently registered domain into another account:
- Log into your account.
- Select Domains > Bulk Tools > Bulk Push
- Domains To Push: list the domains you would like to push, one per line.
- Push Domains To: Login ID of the account you wish to push to.
- Contact Information: Either the current domain contact information will Push With The Domain, or you can select Do not push and the domain will take on the contact information of the gaining account.
- Click Submit.
Please verify LOGIN ID before you hit Submit. All pushes are final.
3. What's the cost for pushing domains?
Domain pushes are free.
4. My domain is under a 60 day transfer hold, can I still push it?
Yes. You can still push the domain even if it's newly registered or still under the 60 day contact change hold.
5. Who gets notified when a domain is pushed?
The only entity notified is the losing account's email address. The notification email has the following content:
Dear Jane Smith, exampledomain.net was pushed from your account losingAccountUserName to gainingAccountUserName: This push was completed on 2017-10-12 12:09:36.770 PST. Please keep this email for your records. Sincerely, Enom, Inc.
6. I got an error saying my push was not successful, why?
There are a number of reasons why the push may fail. See the errors below for more information:
- In this case the gaining account has not completely filled out its contact information and will need to do so before the domain can be pushed successfully.
- This message means that the domain was not in your account when the push was submitted. Most often this occurs if the push is attempted twice in rapid succession.
- You will most often see this error if you have the domain listed for sale as a premium domain within your account or if the domain is in a Hold status. You may need to contact support to find out exactly why the domain cannot be pushed.