Registrant contact information should be managed and updated as required. For gTLDs (.COM, .NET, etc.), registrant contact information is checked annually for accuracy. Registrants will receive a notice from us each year asking you ensure the registrant contact details we have on file are accurate and advising you that if the information is inaccurate, your domain could be canceled. The Registrant email is also where the EPP key/Auth code is sent when preparing your domain for transfer.
- Change of Registrant details
- Change of Registrant through your account
- Change of Registrant through API
Change of Registrant details
Change of Registrant (COR) is an ICANN-mandated process and initially came into effect in 2016 as part of ICANN’s updated transfer policy. Under this policy, any update to a domain’s registrant contact data must be approved by both the gaining and losing registrant via email. Per our registration agreement, Enom acts as the designated agent (DA) for all registrants on our platform. Acting as the DA allows Enom to auto-approve any requested changes to the registrant’s contact set, without them having to receive a request-for-approval email.
Change of Registrant through your account
- Locate your domain and select Contact information from the Manage domain dropdown.
- Choose Custom so you can change the registrant email address for this particular domain.
- Click Save after making the modifications.
Note: This page also allows you to modify Administrative, Billing, and Technical contact if needed.
- You will be prompted to lock the domain for 60 days. To avoid the lock, uncheck the Enable 60-day transfer lock checkbox and click Proceed with changes.
Change of Registrant through API
API updates are only available for Enom resellers. For API updates for domains, resellers can use the contact command. To ensure that you have opted out of the 60-day transfer lock you will need to ensure that you include “IRTPOptOut=True". This will omit the 60-day transfer lock on any changes made in the Registrant contact for any ICANN compliant domain.