Important! The common reason why an import may fail is due to an incorrect file type. Please always use Zip, TXT, CSV, or VCF formatted files.
- All .csv files must have the column titles in the following format:
- First Name,Last Name,E-mail Address,E-mail Display Name (E-mail Display Name can be left blank)
To import from Yahoo Mail:
Yahoo Mail offers multiple options for exporting contacts. However, only the following options may be used to import into webmail:
- Microsoft Outlook
- vCard Single File
- vCard, Zip of vCard(.vcf) files
If you need assistance exporting contacts from Yahoo, see Yahoo Mail's online help.
Import contacts from Microsoft Outlook
You can use one of the following formats when importing contacts from Microsoft Outlook.
- Comma Separated Values (Windows)
- Tab Separated Values (Windows)
- vCard (.vcf) Files.
- If you export to vCard files, you can combine the vCard files to a zip file to import all at once.
- If you need assistance exporting contacts from Outlook, see Outlook's help.
- If you import using the Microsoft Outlook format, use the default field mapping and do not alter the file in anyway!
To import from Gmail
You may use the vCard (.vcf) format when importing contacts from Gmail.