- What are auto-renew only domains, and what are ʺDelete byʺ and ʺAuto-renew beforeʺ dates?
- List of auto-renew only domain types (TLDs)
- If you are a reseller using our API
Certain domain names are auto-renew only. They do not have an "Add Years" button on their domain control panel. These auto-renew only domains cannot be renewed by manually placing a renewal order.
To renew such domains, the domain's auto-renew setting must be enabled prior to the “Auto-renew by” or "Delete by" date. If the auto-renew setting is disabled on this auto-renew deadline, then the registrant will immediately lose the domain name, regardless of how much time remains on the registration.
- The domain auto-renew setting is found on the domain name's General Settings control panel, in the account where the domain is managed.
- The "Auto-renew by" or "Delete by" deadline is listed on the domain's control panel, directly beside the expiration date.
- These deadlines are not shown on the My Domains list. Please visit an individual domain's control panel to see its auto-renew deadline.
It is recommended that the auto-renew setting be left enabled on these domain names, unless the registrant chooses to discontinue renewing the domain.
On the deadline, if the domain is not auto-renewed through the setting described above, it will go into a redemption period, during which it can usually be recovered for an additional fee.
List of auto-renew only domain types (TLDs)
All of the following domain types (TLDs) are auto-renew only. Each auto-renew only TLD in the list below is followed by a number of days. The auto-renew deadline takes place that many days before the domain's listed expiration date:
|TLD||Renew By (Days before expiry)|
* .it Renewal Rules:
1. Unlike the others, the deadline for .IT domains occurs after the expiration date. This is why it's listed with a negative number of days.
** .es Renewal Rules:
1. Dot ES has limited support for manual renewals. They can be manually renewed from 60 days before the expiry date, up to the day before the auto-renew deadline.
**.jp Renewal Rules:
1. The expiration date is set to the last day of the month in which the domain was created.
2. The "Auto Renew by" date is set to 10 days before the last day of that same month.
Registered: 02/06/2016 (assuming 1 year registration)
Registry and Enom system expiration date: 02/28/2017
Auto-Renew by: 02/18/2017
If you are a reseller using our API
Please note that the following API commands are ineffective on auto-renew only domains:
Instead, please use the SetRenew command to enable the auto-renewal setting, prior to the auto-renew deadline. You can view documentation for SetRenew at our Developer Hub: SetRenew.