Symantec Safe Site protects your website from malware with the built-in daily anti-malware scanner and adds the Trust Seal to your site. It is ideal for business and enterprise customers offering:
- Improved website conversions and traffic
- Enhance customer trust and loyalty
- Daily website anti-malware scanning
- Free Norton™ Secured Seal
- Business Validated site seal
- Simple setup with no server configurations or certificates
What happens after I purchase Symantec Safe Site?
Once you’ve purchased Symantec Safe Site, you must complete the application process in the account management page and submit it for approval. If this domain uses ID Protect, it must be disabled until Symantec has verified the domain ownership:
- Log in. If the domain has ID Protect, disable it by:
- Click Registered domains.
- Navigate to the domain and click the ID Protect icon.
- Select Unprotected and click Save changes.
- Open Security, click Symantec Safe Site and Manage.
- In the row for the Trust Seal that you want to configure, click Configure now.
- Complete the form and click Submit for approval.
If you select Individual in the User Type menu, you will receive an email from Symantec with “Identity Authentication for Your Symantec Safe Site for Individuals” in the subject line. The email contains a link to an Equifax identity verification page. You must provide this information to complete the Symantec verification process. Symantec will first verify the information you provide including domain name ownership, contact information and malware scan. You’ll receive an email confirming the activation of your Trust Seal once validation is completed.
It takes up to five business days for Symantec to verify identity and approve the Trust Seal.
Once approved, you will embed a Symantec Safe Site script in your web code. The script will display on our web site, on your Symantec Safe Site details page.
How do I get the Trust Seal for my site?
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Security, click on Symantec Safe Site and Manage.
- Click the domain name for which you’ve received the confirmation email.
- Copy the script in the "Embed" text box and paste it into your web page code.
Symantec offers more size options and more detailed installation instructions.
How do I re-enable ID Protect?
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Security, click on ID Protect and Manage.
- In the row of the domain that you want to protect, click the ID Protect icon.
- Select Protected and click Save changes.
Back to top
What happens if the site fails a Safe Site malware scan?
If Symantec detects malware during their daily scan, it deactivates the Trust Seal on the website and notifies the website owner by email that it has done so. The notification includes details about the type of malware and the infected pages and provides a link to detailed information. This notification system allows the owner to take rapid corrective actions and submit a request for a scan to reactivate the Symantec Safe Site Trust Seal.