Only individuals and organizations that have a physical presence in one of New York City’s 5 boroughs will be allowed to register a .nyc domain:
- Nexus Category 1: An entity or organization that has a physical street address in New York City. Value = ORG
- Nexus Category 2: Individuals whose primary place of residence is in New York City Value = INDIV
- P.O Boxes are not permitted - registrants must agree that they are in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws and tax requirements.
- Units, floors, and apartment numbers are not required into Address line 2, unless listed in USPS address lookup.
- Registrants must remain in compliance with the applicable Nexus Policy for the duration of domain’s registration
- No proxy registrations permitted - registrants must agree not to license, sub-delegate or transfer .nyc domain(s) to third parties.
Only the following boroughs can be used when registering a .NYC domain:
- Bronx - Bronx 36005
- Brooklyn - Kings 36047
- Manhattan - New York 36061
- Queens - Queens 36081
- Staten Island - Richmond 36085
Users may use the USPS Standardized Address tool to lookup the correct address format: