To delete a message:
- Click on the checkbox located to the left of the message you wish to delete in any email folder (Inbox, Sent Mail, etc.). A checkmark will appear in the checkbox, indicating that the message has been selected.
- Click the Delete button, located just above the checkbox column to delete the selected messages.
To recover a deleted message:
- Click on the Deleted Items tab to open the Deleted Items folder.
- Click on the checkbox located to the left of the message you wish to recover. A checkmark will appear in the checkbox, indicating that the message has been selected. To select more than one message to be recovered, click on the checkbox beside each message.
- Click the dropdown menu marked Move to Folder and select the folder where you wish to store the recovered messages (typically Inbox, but you may move these messages to any folder).
When you release the mouse button, the message(s) will be moved to the selected folder.
Note: Deleted messages are not completely removed from the system. They are moved to your Deleted Items folder. To remove them completely, open the Deleted Items folder and click Empty Trash.
Deleted messages in the Deleted Items folder can be recovered, however once you click the Empty Trash link or delete them from the Deleted Items folder, the messages are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.