Google and Yahoo announced requirements targeting bulk senders and will require a DMARC in place beginning February 2024. By focusing on email validation, they are helping prevent unwanted spam and potential bad actors from reaching their customers’ inboxes.
Tucows has developed an auto-updating DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) record to assist with validation as long as the domain contains our records.
Accommodating DKIM and TXT records
Replace example.com with your domain name.
k1._domainkey.example.com. 3600 IN CNAME k1.example.com.dkim.hostedemail.link
k2._domainkey.example.com. 3600 IN CNAME k2.example.com.dkim.hostedemail.link
Adding DKIM cname records
- Locate the domain you want to manage by clicking Domains followed by My domains.
- Search for the domain or choose from the list.
- Choose Host records from the manage domain drop-down.
- Select CNAME from the Add record drop-down menu.
- Input the DKIM record. Click Save DNS settings.
Important: Replace example.com with your domain name.
Record type Host value Address value CNAME