The clean-up process consists of the following phases:
- Initial notification to the registrar, owner and administrative contact person informing that deficiencies have been found in the registration of the domain name and granting a period of 3 calendar days to make the necessary corrections.
- In case that no corrections are made in the domain name registration within the time allowed, a Special Cancellation Procedure will be initiated.
Please note that:
- During that procedure the domain name is blocked
- As part of the Special Cancellation Procedure, the deadline for submitting corrections shall be 30 calendar days
- On the 10th day of the Special Cancellation Procedure the domain name will not be reachable, but is still registered. All services associated with the domain shall also be suspended
- After 20 extra days, if there is no correction made, the domain name is cancelled
All the detailed information about this procedure is available on the red.es website:
- Instruction for Special Cancellation Procedure
- How does the domain name holder submit supporting documents to defend their current assignment status?
According to the information written on the registry’s website registrants are responsible for the data correction themselves. The corrections can be made providing any type of documentation that allows for verification that the data submitted to the registry is true and therefore correct.