When your domain expires, depending on your TLD, it may enter redemption 30 days after the renewal grace period ends. Once a domain enters redemption, there is no guarantee for recovery. Many TLDs, including ccTLDs, follow their own process and may not be eligible for redemption or the renewal grace period at all.
The redemption recovery fee is $250 in addition to a minimum one-year renewal of the domain and only charges if the redemption process is successful. We do not provide refunds on any domains processed in redemption.
How to recover your domain from redemption
- On the Account Overview page, select the Domains menu option, then click My Domains.
- In the Domains Control panel, select the Redemption tab.
- From the list of domains select the name you wish to process redemption for.
Note: If you only have one domain, it will auto-populate to that page.
- Click Add years on the domain page.
- Please verify the domain name, the number of years and the pricing is as expected, and then click Checkout now.
- When you are ready to complete your order, click Submit order.
Note: Your order number is a reference order only, not a verification that the order processed completely.