We want to ensure that your purchasing process with Enom is painless. To ensure this, we have outlined the best routes to take should you encounter any roadblocks. If you have a reseller account, you may encounter other types of billing issues.
- Why is my credit card transaction rejected or denied?
- My order was successful, but my domain isn't in my account, was it not renewed?
- Can I have the 24-hour transaction lock removed?
- Can I renew a domain without the account login credentials?
1. Why is my credit card transaction rejected or denied?
We, of course, want you to be able to complete your purchase, but there are a few reasons that may cause your transaction to be rejected or denied:
- The CVV2 number may be invalid.
- The CVV2 number is the 3-digit code on the back of a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover card. For an American Express card, it's the 4-digit number on the front.
- The expiration date has lapsed or is incorrect.
- Your bank may be rejecting the order for your protection as we are an Internet business.
- If you are currently in a different country from the country of issuance, they may also be rejecting the charge for potential fraud. You will need to contact your bank to approve the transaction(s).
- The charges might appear to your bank as duplicates. If the amounts are the same, they may have approved the first transaction but rejected subsequent ones.
- If you have recently moved, they may still have your old address in the database.
- Give your old address a try or call your bank and ask them which address to use as the system will require an exact match, so if you use a P.O. Box on your credit card statement, be sure to enter the P.O. Box and not your street address.
Important: When contacting your bank to approve the transaction(s), you will likely need to give them the total amount(s) along with our merchant name: DOMAIN NAME REGISTER.
If you get the message "Credit Card Declined," this is an error message directly from your bank, so you will need to contact them to resolve it. Use alternative payment options if the bank is not able to resolve the issue for you.
In some cases, depending on your bank, a series of attempts to charge your card will result in multiple pre-authorization requests to your account balance. The bank will place a hold on all pre-authorized funds for an average of 7-14 days and will then release the funds when the order does not complete. We do not have a way to reverse pre-authorizations. If you are looking at an online statement, the pre-authorizations will appear to be actual charges. However, unless we can process the transaction, no funds will be collected, and the pre-authorizations will disappear from your bank statement.
2. My order was successful, but my domain isn't appearing in my account or has not been renewed?
Occasionally an order may be flagged for manual review by our orders team and can take one business day to process. To check on the status of your order, you will need to review your order history.
3. Why is there a 24-hour credit card transaction lock on my account?
The 24-hour transaction lock might be applied to the account when the system detects unusual or suspicious activities. The lock is a necessary precaution, as you could be liable for fraudulent transactions. The following events might trigger the lock:
- Multiple credit card changes in a short period.
- Multiple failed transactions in a short time.
- If you are a reseller using Registry Rocket, someone may have entered fraudulent credit card numbers on your site.
Our customer service cannot reverse the lock. We can, however, give you the specific error messages from our credit card processor. The lock will automatically be released 24 hours after the first error message was displayed. Subsequent failed attempts during the 24 hours will not extend the lock period. After the lock has been automatically lifted, verify your credit card information and reattempt your transaction. Do not make several attempts if you receive another error message; contact us right away.
4. Can I renew without the account login credentials?
If you are unable to log in or recover your login, but you must renew the service now, contact our support team immediately for assistance with urgent renewals.