Enom pricing is based on a tiered structure. We can appreciate that navigating changes to these tiers can lead to questions. We hope the following help to provide you with some insights behind the changes we implement to our reseller pricing structure.
- Why did the pricing structure change?
- How can I set my customers’ price if my cost might change?
- Can you make an exception based on previous years?
- Do I have to adjust my pricing for my sub-resellers manually?
- What counts as domain transactions and domain spend?
- I was able to get a discount in the past, why can’t I get one now?
- Where can I see how my account is doing at any given time?
- How far in advance will I be notified of the change?
- How do promotions work? Will current promotional prices remain in effect?
- Will pricing for other services be affected?
1. Why did the pricing structure change?
In 2018 we introduced spend and volume requirements for our plans. At the time, our main goal was to offer a model that would keep our pricing flexible while maintaining a high level of transparency.
On April 1, 2020, we are simplifying our pricing structure by standardizing geographic TLD prices across all plans and applying discounts to generic TLD prices for the Gold, Platinum, and Platinum+ tiers. This is a move toward greater transparency and consistency for our resellers.
2. How can I set my customers’ price if my cost might change?
At the end of every calendar year, we’ll conduct a performance assessment to determine your pricing plan for the following calendar year. We will provide 30 days notice of your price change.
You will be able to keep track of your current tier and your financial progress in the Reseller Control Panel.
3. Can you make an exception based on previous years?
We had to settle on some criteria to determine where current resellers would be placed. We use the January 1 to December 31 time period for the assessment. If you feel you should have been placed in a different pricing plan, we encourage you to contact support.
4. Do I have to adjust my pricing for my sub-resellers manually?
Yes, you are expected to adjust the price for your sub-resellers accordingly.
5. What counts as domain transactions and domain spend?
Domain transactions only look at the number of new registrations and transfers. One individual transaction is counted for each new registration or transfer made by you or your sub-resellers, regardless of the number of registration years.
Domain spend is determined as the revenue for every transaction related to domains. It includes premium domain sales, redemptions, renewals and the revenue from your sub-resellers based on your cost for those domains.
Value-added products, like Whois Privacy, are not counted towards the domain spend amount or domain transactions.
6. I was able to get a discount in the past, why can’t I get one now?
We have introduced a pricing structure that is simple and transparent. Our main goal is to create a level playing field, ensuring that resellers of similar size have access to similar pricing. You will qualify for discounts if you meet the criteria.
7. Where can I see how my account is doing at any given time?
You have access to your financial statements in the Reseller Control Panel.
8. How far in advance will I be notified of the change?
We’ll do the annual review each year in January, and your price will take effect 30 days after we have given proper notice.
9. How do promotions work? Will current promotional prices remain in effect?
We will continue to offer promotions and will extend the same promotional price to all resellers. Resellers in growth or enterprise plans may sometimes find that the promotional price for a particular TLD is higher than their regular price. In all cases, the lowest price will always remain in effect. Promotional discounts will not be compounded with plan-based discounts.
Promotional prices based on sign-up or channel-wide offers will continue to remain in effect until their scheduled end date. Here again, the lowest price, whether that be the plan-based price or the promotional price, will always remain in effect.
10. Will pricing for other services be affected?
No. Pricing for all other services and products we offer will not be affected.