When our system accepts a registration or renewal order, an order number will be generated, but this is not an indication of success. We will send a confirmation notice to your account email address once the non-real-time order has been completed or if the order has failed. The newly registered domain might take up to 48 hours to appear in the account.
API users can track the status of non-real-time orders by using the GetOrderDetail command.
.EU domains must follow particular formatting:
- The domain name must be between 2-63 characters.
- Letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9), and hyphens except for the 1st, 3rd, 4th, or last characters of the domain name.
- Special characters (e.g., &, #) are not acceptable.
- IDNs are not supported.
Starting October 19th, to register a .EU, you must be one of the following:
- An EU citizen, independently of their place of residence.
- A natural person who is not an EU citizen and who is a resident of a Member State.
- An undertaking that is established in the EU.
- An organization that is established in the EU, without prejudice to the application of the national law.
Here are the changes you can expect to the platform:
- To transfer/register a domain as a natural person who qualifies based on their citizenship in an EU Member State, the organization field must be left blank.
- An extra country of citizenship attribute will come into effect if a registrant is situated in the EU. Leave this field blank.
- If the registrant is not situated in the EU, the country of citizenship field will be mandatory.
When registering a .EU domain the country code must be one of the following member states of Europe:
When registering a .EU domain, registrants can keep their name private in the WHOIS record by leaving the Organization field blank. In that case, the email address displays in the registry WHOIS. For more information regarding this, please see section 2.4.ii of the registry's WHOIS policy.
Sixty days before the expiry date, a scheduled deletion request is submitted to the registry. If the domain is renewed during that sixty-day period, the deletion request is removed, and the domain is renewed at the end of the month in which it would have expired.
Renewals can be requested at any time during the domain's term. We will mark the domain as renewal applied and will not delete the name at the expiry date. The new expiry date for the domain will not change at the registry but will be visible within the Control Panel.
If a domain name is not renewed by its expiry date, it will then expire. The previous quarantine process during which a domain was quarantined to the end of the expiry month no longer exists.
.EU domain transfers can be processed via the standard domain transfer process.
Refer to Enom's Incoming Transfer FAQ to request an authorization/epp code.
Refer to Enom's Outgoing Transfer FAQ to request an authorization/epp code.