.BE is the country code TLD (ccTLD) for Belgium and is administered by DNS Belgium.
- Contact changes
- Registry registrant verification
- Cancellation policy
- Additional resources
- DNS Belgium is an open registry, meaning anyone can register a .BE domain.
- Ties to Belgium or a Belgian address are not necessary.
- There is no option for Whois contact privacy.
- These domains can only be registered for a one-year term.
- .BE domain names must be between 2-63 characters long.
- Enom does not support Internationalized Domain Names for this ccTLD.
- As of May 9th 2022 DNSBelgium (the .BE Registry) may require additional validation from a registrant. The registrant will receive an email from DNSBelgium asking to validate online. DNSBelgium has outlined this process here.
It is not possible to manually renew .BE domains, so domain holders must set them to automatically renew before their renew-by/delete-by date. The renew-by date is three days before the domain's expiration date.
If the automatic renewal does not go through before the renew-by date, the domain will go into redemption. There is no renewal grace period for this ccTLD, and the redemption period is 40 days. When the domain enters the redemption period, it will cost an additional fee to recover ($250), plus the .BE renewal fee.
It is not possible to modify a domain in redemption in any way. If the account holder does not recover the domain from redemption, the registry will delete it after the 40 day redemption period. The domain will be available then for general registration.
Any modifications to the Organization, First Name, or Last Name fields require a trade. A trade is a transfer of domain ownership to a new entity. The trade resets the domain's registration, so the new expiry date will be one year after the trade completes. The cost of a trade is equivalent to one year of renewal for a .BE domain.
- To proceed with a trade, request the transfer key from the registry.
- Submit a verified request with the transfer key and the necessary contact details:
- In the verified request, acknowledge and agree to the trade fee and that the new registration date will be set to one year after the trade completes.
- Support will proceed with the trade and update the verified request once complete.
Registry registrant verification
Registrants must provide accurate contact data during the registration process. The .BE registry regularly reviews Whois information will send an email to the registrant's email address to confirm its accuracy if it is suspected to be inaccurate.
DNS Belgium gives registrants 14 days to update their information. If they do not make any changes, the registry will revoke the domain name. Registrants have 40 days after the revocation to update the Whois information and reactivate the domain, or it will be deleted and become available for public registration.
While the domain is in the 40-day quarantined status, it can be recovered by submitting a verified request agreeing to the redemption fee. This request must also include accurate contact information to update the domain at the registry.
Transfers require an authorization key, which registrants can obtain from DNS Belgium.
The registry will only send the key to the registrant's email address. If this address is not active or is incorrect, it must be updated before requesting the transfer key.
Enom does not offer refunds on registrations or renewals of domains, as per section seven of the terms of service. Triple-check the domain's spelling before registration to avoid registration errors. If you no longer wish to maintain a .BE domain, please disable automatic renewal. The domain will expire and be deleted in time.