Most API errors will provide you with enough information in their error messages to resolve them. A few API errors pop up frequently when setting up API access. If you see a timeout, try the call again after a few minutes.
The API error codes have detailed descriptions on the API documentation page, as do the registry-registrar protocol (RRP) response codes.
|Example error message
|What it means
|How to resolve
Err1=Bad User name or Password
ResponseCount=1 ResponseNumber1=304155 ResponseString1=Validation error; invalid ; loginid
The login credentials are not valid.
- Make sure your call is using the correct API token and login ID.
- Check if the credentials were for the live environment (reseller.enom.com) or the test environment (resellertest.enom.com). Different tokens or passwords are used for the live and test environments.
Err1=Invalid Registrant information.
Err2=Parameter value range error - 7037 - Invalid telephone number format. ResponseCount=1 ResponseNumber1=304145 ResponseString1=Validation error; invalid ; registrant contact
Note: other contact validation errors will provide similar responses.
|The information being submitted does not comply with the domain's registration requirements.
- The error code response string explains each error's causes.
- The RRP response codes (200, 210, 541) can also provide information about a particular API call.
- Ensure the data submitted adheres to the registry's requirements for particular TLDs.
Err1=User not permitted from this IP address - [the IP address doing the call]. See http://enom.help/whitelist for details
ResponseCount=1 ResponseNumber1=713254 ResponseString1=Policy error; unauthorized; user(s)
|The IP address performing the API call has not been added to the Enom account.
- Ensure your IP is added to the account.
- The live and test environments can have different IP addresses permitted on them, so also ensure that your IP is allowed for your desired environment.
Err1=500 - Unable to parse CSR.
Err2=Unable to retrieve CSR information ResponseCount=2 ResponseNumber1=620397 ResponseString1=System error; failed to send; ResponseNumber2=304224 ResponseString2=Validation error; invalid ; information
|The example error indicates an issue with the CSR formatting.
- Check your CSR using a CSR decoder tool
- Ensure your CSR is properly formatted and encoded for the API call.
- Other errors will show which part of the call is causing the issue.
Err1=Failed executing CERTPARSECSR
ResponseString=System error; unknown; unknown
|There may be an issue with the connection to a particular upstream provider or an internal problem with the Enom system.
- These errors can often be transient, and you should first attempt the call again after a few minutes.
- If the error persists, contact support for further investigation. Include the complete API call and server response in your support request.
Back to top